Our client is a quantitative asset management firm founded in 2007 and currently has over 600 employees spread across more than 20 offices in 15 countries. They develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process. This is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward even greater quantification and automation in the development of its trading processes. Now we are seeking a creative and driven technologiest with strong technical and programming skills, proven problem solving ability and excellent communication skills. The new colleague will work with the Core Technology DevOps team, with other technologiest, researchers and portfolio managers, monitoring and developing systems and tools to support the core production systems of the company.
- Developing scalable Java OR Python backend solutions, with a focus on big data and high throughput
- Creating micro services
- Developing algorithms to optimize problems and understanding their runtime complexity
- Assembling platforms and frameworks to automate business processes and assure continuous software intergration and deployment
- Integrating best-of-breed tools and technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Spark streaming, Flink, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Monitoring and supporting the software infrastructure and model production system, investigating and troubleshooting issues;
- Collababorating with internal technology, research and portfolio management teams
- A bachelor degree in a technical or quantitative field;
- Fluent English both written and oral;
- Experience working in Linux, familiar with bash scripting;
- Demonstrated experience using Python and/or Java;
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL);
- Experience with containerization technology, especially Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with existing open-source software packages and the DevOps toolchain;
- Experience in CI/CD;
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for solving problems;
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Corporation with high-educated professionals who are from Google or Harvard University
- Working in a tech start-up environment, creating outstanding technological solutions
- Outstanding bonus package