Our partner in the financial sector is looking for a JAVA Developer.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements, including using script tools and analyzing/interpreting code
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications.
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgements to recommend and implement solutions
- Resolve issues by identifying and selecting solutions through the applications of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Intermediate level experience in Applications Development role
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Excellent grasp of Object Oriented Design
- Excellent grasp of Concurrent programming concepts
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- Graduate in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) discipline.
- Experience working in a Capital Markets firm (Investment Bank/Investment Management) with basic understanding of Derivatives and Risk management
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers.
- Demonstrated capacity to build tooling for development team use.
- Ability to implement industry best practices