|On behalf of our client we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect in Amsterdam to join a growing team, delivering world-class services to a global telecommunication company.||Feladatkör, felelősségek:||• Position is based in Amsterdam.|
• During the pandamic 100% remote work is possible, after the pandamic 50 % (every other week) International travel as required (weekly fly-backs to home city are allowed).
• Accommodation and weekly fly-backs to home city are covered by our clients for international applicants
• Create and update Data Centre infrastructure architecture and design documents for a portfolio of projects – applicable to new application/server builds, as well as to expansion of existing capacity, as required by projects.
• Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Data Centre infrastructure technologies – in particular complex project solutions relating to servers, virtualization, storage, cloud technology and logical network configurations.
• Provide technical consultancy and guidance to peers and stakeholders from other technology units if and when required.
• Capture technical and business requirements, as well as technical guidelines from othertechnology units and reflect these into the design documentation
• Organize design reviews with delivery and ops teams; capture and implement recommendations; gain acceptance & sign-off.
• Engage with projects to ascertain infrastructure requirements and to provide cleardocumentation/designs.
• Provide consultancy to projects and peers as and when required.
• Review project documentation/designs to ensure the documentation/designs are correct, complete and adhere to the guidelines.
• Create and develop long term and trusted partnerships with internal colleagues, customers and stakeholders by acting as the lead advocate, expert adviser, and communicator for the portfolio delivery service.
• Manage multiple related and unrelated projects at any one time.
• Be able to schedule work and prioritize milestones effectively.
• Ability to handle difficult stakeholders, hold difficult conversations and make difficult (and sometimes unpopular) decisions and be able to clearly and rationally justify and stand by their own decisions.
• Collaborating between the business and the IT function to ensure the portfolio is aligned.
|A munkakör betöltéséhez|
|• Degree level or equivalent in technical disciplines.|
• Recent Industry qualifications or certifications (e.g. Microsoft, AWS, RedHat or VMware).
• A minimum of five years previous experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design, preferably strategic and analytical experience gained within a large commercial environment.
• A minimum of five years in Data Centre design.
• A minimum of five years in design of server, storage and databases.
• Excellent technical skills in modern data center technologies. Desired skill sets include but are not limited to:
o server hardware (x86 required, SPARC desirable);
o server virtualization (VMware, LDOMs, zones, containers);
o storage knowledge (NAS, SAN, RAID concepts, file storage, block storage);
o foundation services (automation, monitoring, asset management, security);
o multi-tenancy concepts (Cisco ACI, Juniper Contrail, VMware NSX);
o cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GDC);
• A solid background in network concepts is also required including concepts of SDN, IPv4, IPv6, VLANs, subnets, NTP, DMZs to a level good enough to work with Network Design colleagues to produce integrated Solution Designs.
• Preferably experience with databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) in a High Availability configuration.
• Preferably experience with security concepts, firewalls, compliancy and ISO 27000/27001.
• A solid background in and/or operational experience of modern development methodologies and orchestration and automation toolsets would be beneficial – OpenShift, OpenStack, containers,
Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Kubernetes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
• Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
• Experience of project management techniques and methodologies including planning, resource allocation, prioritization, delivery and escalation.
• Experience of analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues.
• Demonstrate strong mentorship, influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice.
• Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner. Has a broad and deep Data Centre knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the activities of the business.
• Ensures appropriate technical standards and guidelines are defined when defining a Data Centre Infrastructure architecture.
• Ensures best practices are adhered to in the adoption of new Data Centre Infrastructure technologies.
• Fluent in English
|Nyelvtudás:||Fluent in English||A megbízó cég profilja:||Our client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-pay and over-the-top video services to its customers.|
What our client offers:
— Great team, international experience
— Outstanding daily rate and carrier opportunity
— During the pandemic 100% remote work, after the pandemic 50 % remote work (onsite work in Amsterdam is required every other week)
— Accomodation and travelling costs are covered by the client
— Carrier development opportunity
|Egyéb:||By submitting an application form or sending your curriculum vitae electronically, you will be giving the employees of PBS International Ltd. the approval and acknowledgement to access, handle and record the personal details you have submitted for application and registration processing. During the course of your application and in the future event that a prospective party expresses professional interest in you, we will only forward your details onto our clients upon your exclusive and prior approval. For a more detailed view of our data security terms and to accept all of our terms and conditions please visit the link here: http://www.pbs-job.hu/?pagetype=data_protection&menu_block=for_employees |