|On behalf of our client we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect in Amsterdam to join a growing team, delivering world-class services to a global telecommunication company.||Feladatkör, felelősségek:||Main responsibilities:|
• To build and maintain all Data Centre infrastructure architecture and design documents for portfolio project.
• To lead and/or provide Data Centre infrastructure architecture and design guidance for portfolio projects.
• To be a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to Data Centre infrastructure technologies – in particular complex project solutions relating to servers, virtualization, storage, cloud technology and logical network configurations.
• Engaging with stakeholders and peers to provide lead consultancy and guidance if and when required.
• To capture planned approach for technical delivery in relevant design documentation and to review with peers in the delivery function to gain their review and acceptance.
• Engaging with projects to ascertain infrastructure requirements and to provide clear documentation/designs.
• To provide consultancy to projects and peers as and when required.
• To review project documentation/designs to ensure the documentation/designs are correct, complete and adhere to the guidelines.
• To work with the delivery teams, to present designs and gain review/approval from those teams.
• Create and develop long term and trusted partnerships with internal colleagues, customers and stakeholders by acting as the lead advocate, expert adviser, and communicator for the portfolio delivery service.
• Managing multiple related and unrelated projects at any one time.
• Be able to schedule work and prioritize milestones effectively.
• Ability to handle difficult stakeholders, hold difficult conversations and make difficult (and sometimes unpopular) decisions and be able to clearly and rationally justify and stand by their own decision.
• Collaborating between the business and the IT function to ensure the portfolio is aligned.
|A munkakör betöltéséhez|
|Key knowledge and experience required:|
• Degree level or equivalent in technical disciplines.
• Recent Industry qualifications or certifications (e.g. Microsoft, AWS, RedHat or VMware).
• A minimum of five years previous experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design,preferably strategic and analytical experience gained within a large commercial environment.
• A minimum of five years in Data Centre design.
• A minimum of five years in design of server, storage and databases.
• Excellent technical skills in modern data center technologies. Desired skill sets include but are not limited to:
o server hardware (x86 required, SPARC desirable);
o server virtualization (VMware, LDOMs, zones, containers);
o storage knowledge (NAS, SAN, RAID concepts, file storage, block storage);
o foundation services (automation, monitoring, asset management, security);
o multi-tenancy concepts (Cisco ACI, Juniper Contrail, VMware NSX);
o cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GDC);
• A solid background in network concepts is also required including concepts of SDN, IPv4, IPv6,VLANs, subnets, NTP, DMZs to a level good enough to work with Network Design colleagues to produce integrated Solution Designs.
• Preferably experience with databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) in a High Availability configuration.
• Preferably experience with security concepts, firewalls, compliancy and ISO 27000/27001.
• A solid background in and/or operational experience of modern development methodologies and orchestration and automation toolsets would be beneficial – OpenShift, OpenStack, containers, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Kubernetes.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
• Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
• Experience of project management techniques and methodologies including planning, resource allocation, prioritization, delivery and escalation.
• Experience of analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues.
• Demonstrate strong mentorship, influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
• Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner. Has a broad and deep Data Centre knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the activities of the business.
• Ensures appropriate technical standards and guidelines are defined when defining a Data Centre Infrastructure architecture.
• Ensures best practices are adhered to in the adoption of new Data Centre Infrastructure technologies.
• Fluent in English and willing to travel occasionally.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other technical studies; experience in solution/infrastructure architecture; experience in software development and/or software design.
|Nyelvtudás:||Fluent in English||A megbízó cég profilja:||Our client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-pay and over-the-top video services to its customers.|
What our client offers:
— Great team, international experience
— Outstanding daily rate and carrier opportunity
— Accomodation and travelling costs are covered by the client
— Carrier development opportunity
— 1 day remote work (after a few month it can be longer)
|Egyéb:||By submitting an application form or sending your curriculum vitae electronically, you will be giving the employees of PBS International Ltd. the approval and acknowledgement to access, handle and record the personal details you have submitted for application and registration processing. During the course of your application and in the future event that a prospective party expresses professional interest in you, we will only forward your details onto our clients upon your exclusive and prior approval. For a more detailed view of our data security terms and to accept all of our terms and conditions please visit the link here: http://www.pbs-job.hu/?pagetype=data_protection&menu_block=for_employees |