Counterparty Due Diligence Analyst
Our partner is one of the world’s leading oil and gas companies. In Budapest they operate a shared service centre which provides high standard customer service, financial and procurement support. With more than 2000 employees from almost 30 countries they have a truly multicultural and dynamic team who are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join them for their new project.
- Understand and Operate the Standardized CDD process.
- Understand and assist in operating the High Risk Agent Group Control Process (HRAGCP).
- Participate in periodic reviews of the CDD or HRAGCP process with fellow practitioners and subject matter experts from E&C, Legal, PSCM etc.
- Ensure documentation is kept current for any changes to the processes.
- Ensure that the Sentinel screening database remains aligned with the active counterparties in the ERPs
- Ensure that Screening, Refresh and CCM trackers are fully and duly filled with all necessary information that are required for monitoring and reporting
- Provide regular and ad hoc subject matter expertise to requestors and relevant stakeholders to ensure that the appropriate level of rigor is applied to CDD and HRAGCP evaluations of counter-parties.
- Conduct on demand CDD screening for new counterparties in accordance with the risk based CDD process. Monitor the continuous monitoring reports for new matches.
- Review any matches to establish validity and, if appropriate, recommend next steps which may include moving to a higher level of rigor, or escalate – include recommendations on action based on precedents.
- Ensure that the rationale for all decisions is annotated as needed in Sentinel.
- Where the rigor level is escalated or in case of any contradiction, liaise with internal customers and the external counter-party to obtain the necessary additional information.
- Securely store all information in accordance with the requirements of the CDD Practice and HRAGCP ensuring compliance with any data privacy requirements.
- Instigate follow-up reviews at frequencies determined by the risk rating for the counterparties or agents.
- Track actions relating to High Risk Agents and follow-up with sponsors where necessary.
- Input to the regular quarterly metrics reported by the Control Function. Report and monitor key process metrics.
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement, initiates and supports the implementation of ideas that develop efficiency of team activities
- Actively support the operational performance and service delivery by ensuring that activities are performed as per SLAs and proactively coordinate the workload among team members
- In case of unmanagable workload liaise with responsible line manager in timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Legal or related field
- 2+ years of working experience in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Experience with Counterparty Due Diligence/AML/KYC or related compliance areas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – the role requires communication to all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to adhere to process.
Nice to have:
- More than 1 year of experience with CDD/AML/KYC or related compliance areas.
- Experience using World Check or Sentinel application.
- Experience working in a global shared services environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in IT applications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Courage to say no when appropriate and to speak up when potential issues are observed.
Our Partner offers:
- Attractive benefit package (professional trainings, further opportunities to improve your language skills, regular cafeteria elements)
- Career opportunities (you can become an expert at your field, you also can improve your career at another area, or in case you have leading ambitions it is also a great place for you: the BSC’s fast growth provides you opportunities to take part in transitions, process improvements or promotions within your team).
- High standard office environment (the office is located on the bank of the river Danube)
- Team building activities or volunteer programs
- Opportunities to have fun on company’s regular social events