Our multinational partner focuses on customer service management, commercial and industrial operations support with a focus the EMEA zone. The company started its operation in 2004 in Hungary. Now it’s time for you to experience their really solution-focused and customer-friendly corporate culture. To join their expanding team in Budapest we are looking for Senior Linux or Storage Engineer.
The Network Infrastructure team in Budapest is responsible for maintaining and developing the entire Europe, Middle East and Africa network the company.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s IT/Engineering degree
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system administration and experience with backup & restore solutions is a must
- Knowledge of standards and technology trends in the storage environment, in particular NetApp/EMC storage is a must
- Experience in the area of server virtualization based on VMware and ideally Red Hat kvm
- Experience with storage area networks and protocols is a must (CISCO MDS, FC, FCoE)
- Knowledge of high availability systems, in particular Red Hat cluster and VMware based concepts is an advantage
- Experience in Network & Security (DNS, DHCP, proxy, firewalls, etc.) is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of English and Hungarian (language skill will be tested)
- Ability to comprehend and to systematically organize the various aspects of a problem or situation is a must
- Taking the responsibility and takes care of the consequences of making a decision is a must
- As Role holder you have to implement and operate Linux servers, Linux based open source applications, virtualisation solutions, storage arrays, and backup systems for internal services and external customers
- Design assurance – working with external & internal teams to support and maintain effective design and development standards
- Technical support (2nd & 3rd level) and problem diagnosis/resolution on customers managed infrastructure, on-call might be required.
- Continuous service improvements including automation, patch management and server optimisation including relevant documentation and design changes
- Direct customer contact for technological questions during the implementation and project phase
- Definition of guidelines, standards and working procedures for the technologies in scope
- Active participation in international projects and with global support teams; responsibility for systems administration across country borders
In exchange, our Client’s offer for you:
- High level benefit package: provide soft skill and process training, support getting a number of industry certificates, continuing your higher education for an additional degree, further opportunities to improve your language skills; regular cafeteria elements, outstandingly advantageous holiday settlement, and flexible working conditions
- Possibilities to be rotated horizontally or to start building your career as a Team Leader