Finance Clerks will be placed within the existing Finance teams to support and action the processing of financial transactions. These opportunities are ideal for early career finance professionals that wish to gain international exposure to a progressive expanding Financial Centre of Excellence. Full induction and training is provided and the work experience gained is a valuable aspect of career development.
• Receive and open cases
• Review case documentation for completeness
• Review case documentation for validity and conformity with current rules and regulations
• Under the guidance of supervisor, determine the appropriate action based on case details
• Process transactions in SAP and case management tools as initiated by case requests or regularly scheduled activities
• Upload electronic batch files and verify results in destination system. If at any point the process fails, report to supervisor for guidance on action.
• Prepare required documentation and submit transactions for approval
• Update and close cases to reflect accurate status
• Ensure accuracy and report any discrepancies to supervisors
• Execute processing controls (eligibility, policy compliance, duplicate checking, transaction/employee/account status verification)
• Perform quality assurance by reviewing completed transactions for accuracy, reconciling source data to outputs
• Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries
• Escalate inquiries requiring more extensive research
What you need to have?
• A secondary education diploma (high school)
• Minimum of 0,5-1 year relevant work experience in administration and finance are required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive communication and information
• Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required
• Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is desirable.
• Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services within service center environment is highly desirable
• University level courses in finance, accounting or business are desirable
What we offer?
• 3-month fixed term contract, from the 15th of October, with the possibility of prolongation
• Friendly and modern office environment
• Competitive salary depending on your skills and experience
• it is a great first step if you wish to start your career in a UN organisation or in the Shared Service Center