Under the direct supervision of the Associate Reporting Officer, the incumbent will provide support in the following ways:
– Responsible for creating high-quality visual communications materials produced by all the sections within SMS
– Production of offline creative assets as required including guidelines, leaflets, posters, and reports
– Providing design support and guidance on UNHCR¿s visual identity
– The design and development of digital assets, including banners, icons, motion graphics and more
– Design of infographics and data visualizations for social, website and print use
– Development of web projects (UNHCR Intranet, WordPress, MailChimp)
– Providing design and branding support as required
– Participating in working groups and committees relating to design as required
– Event photography and video editing occasionally
– Collaborate with various units on internal awareness-raising campaigns and humanitarian exhibitions
– For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High school diploma
– At least 2 years of professional experience in graphic design, brand, layout, information design and information architecture, visual communications, media design, system design or related and proven experience in translating complex ideas into clear visuals.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (ex. Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Design for Social Impact/Social Innovation) or equivalent professional work experience.
– Strong graphic design skills particularly in layout, presentations, brand, and visualization of systems and complex information and structures
– Strong knowledge of design platforms like Adobe Creative Suite, design techniques, software, data visualization
– Experience in print, digital, data visualization, possibly UX/UI design
– Fluency in best practices for responsive web design
– Careful attention to details, pixel perfection and visual form
– Understanding of the technical development process, or ability to develop front-end code is a plus
– Proven capability of working on a project from the concept to the final design package
– Ability to communicate complex, abstract concepts using both visual, verbal and written language
– Intermediate knowledge of photography and video editing
– A portfolio, which shows strong design work for web and print
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Fluency in English
– Annual leave: UNHCR staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will accrue annual leave at the rate of 2.5 working days for each full calendar months of service (i.e. 30 working days per year). – Pension system: Staff members holding a fixed-term appointment will become participants in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF).
– Health insurance plan: locally recruited staff members in Budapest will be enrolled in the Medical Insurance Plan (MIP). The coverage is also optionally available for eligible family members.